Monday, March 28, 2011

Not Enough Time

When your to-do list takes up three days in your planner, five stickie notes, and half of a sheet of paper.... you know it's too long.

Classes are winding down and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions.

Wednesday is my last day with my 4th graders and I am feeling a bit devastated. Today my students found out that I won't be with them after this week, and I'm not going to lie, it was nice to know that they would miss me as much as I will miss them. I have been so blessed to get to know these 60 beautiful souls. I will really miss them.

My Spanish class ends this week and I am anywhere near ready? Of course not. No big deal that I'm about 7 chapters behind.

I have one of THE BIGGEST projects of my college career due on Friday and I am pretty sure that I am finished, but I'm too nervous to stop looking at it and making changes.

My skirt is due in a week and so far I am like 3% done with it. Greeeaattt.

And, to top it off, I am feeling a bit jealous lately. A lot of our friends are getting married and seeing all of their registries makes me want to re-register and get all sorts of new gifts! Is it too early to renew our vows? Too make up for my jealousy I have already given RJ a long list of things I want for my birthday. He's teasing me because my birthday isn't for another 3 months or so, but I am reminding him that he should feel lucky that he has so many options to choose from. Sounds like some pretty structured logic, right?

Oh...and in case anyone is wondering...I am still really homesick. I don't think the weather is helping, either. Every morning when I wake up to new snow it makes me want to cry a little. I'm sick of not having a tan. I'm sick of wearing shoes. I'm ESPECIALLY sick of wearing socks. I'm sick of wearing coats. I'm sick of being so far away from the beach. I'm sick of the heater. I'm sick of below freezing temperatures. I'm sick of my windows being closed. I'm sick of indoor recess. I'm sick of walking uphill with the snow blowing against my face as I walk up campus from my class to work. I'm just sick of winter.

Spring can't come soon enough.

The end of the semester, however, can take its time.

No comments: