RJ and I decided to finally post my car for sale today. It was a bitter sweet moment. I knew we needed to sell the car, since it's just sitting in the driveway not being used, but I was so sad to get rid of my car. For one thing, it had my beautiful California license plates on it....now I look like I'm from Utah. Second, it was the first and only car that's ever been mine.
I figured I'd still be able to look at it every day for at least another couple of weeks, especially since cars on Craigslist usually take a while to sell.
Imagine my surprise when 5 minutes after posting we already had 3 offers, and 15 minutes after posting we had NINE offers. RJ said we should wait a little bit and talk to my parents, and then there was a knock at our door. I answered (in my sweats and apron, looking super cute) and there was a girl outside saying that she recognized my car from the picture on Craigslist and was interested in buying it. I just kind of stared at her for a second wondering how the heck she recognized my car from a picture, and how she knew where I lived. I think she saw the confusion/concern in my face when she said that her grandma used to be our duplex neighbor. Okay, that made more sense.
So her husband got out of their truck and looked at the car, drove it around the block, and an hour after it was posted for sale...it was sold. Holy moley. They paid the full asking price in cash, and are the proud new owners of my car. I'm glad to know that they want to fix it up and drive it, since all the other emails were from people just wanting parts. It will be weird to see Bonnie driven around town by someone else, and minus the princess wand hanging from the rear-view mirror.
So that's that. My car is sold, I've already cried, and we're going out to celebrate some extra cash. Don't worry though, Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa. We've already put the rest in savings for Baby Evershed.
After all of that, I'm curious...how was your Saturday?
No comments:
Post a Comment