Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Year TWO

My sweet little boy turned 2 today.

Well, technically speaking he won't turn 2 until 10:58 pm. So I guess I still have a couple more hours of him being 1....right?

I can't believe how fast this has all happened. I still remember the morning when RJ and I found out that I was pregnant. We were SO excited. (And let's be real, we were kind of panicked.) I remember waking up the morning of April 2nd and realizing that I was in labor and that my baby was finally coming. I remember RJ yelling out in the delivery room that the baby was a boy, and I remember later that night when I finally got to hold my baby. Looking at my baby for the first time was both the most terrifying and exciting moment of my life. I knew that our little family of two had forever changed as we welcomed another person, and I was so scared that I wasn't going to be a good mom. That I would do something wrong. That I would mess up.

Now, two years later, I look at my beautiful curly-headed boy and I cannot believe that it is the same baby that I held in my arms such a short time ago. He has grown into such a sweet, kind, funny, and smart little boy. Although I haven't been the perfect parent, he has always loved me.

Blaine continues to amaze me on a daily basis. He absorbs everything like a sponge, and he has a memory like an elephant. He loves to talk and tell jokes, and I am often baffled at the amount of words he knows and how long his sentences are. He loves to sing and dance, read, run around the playground, cuddle, and watch ESPN with his dad. His constant laughter brings light to my soul. He also loves his baby brother more than I could have ever hoped for. The first thing he does in the morning is say hello to Matthew and then give him a hug. Blaine has a heart of gold.

I am so grateful for these past two years, and for how much RJ and I have grown both individually and together. Our sweet baby Blaine has brought so much joy into our lives, and I am thrilled to see what the next years bring us.

We love you, Blaine.

No comments: