Sunday, September 19, 2010

Graduation in Progress!

Well, folks, it's official! I'm almost a grown up! It's a scary thought...not just for me, but for the kids I'll be in charge of teaching!!!

After this semester I have three classes and two certification tests left and then it's goodbye BYU-Idaho and hello world. I'm having mixed feelings.

Speaking of this semester, I am really struggling. This is definitely my hardest load of classes and I am already starting to crack under pressure. My worst class is my math methods class which is on the top of the list of most ridiculous classes. It's a 2 credit class which means I should only be spending 4 hours a week on homework...well, that doesn't exactly work out. My teacher assigns a minimum of 4 hours a NIGHT and half of our assignments either aren't graded or are worth a whopping 6 points. I wish I was kidding. Too make things worse my teacher is almost deaf (literally, I'm not just making fun of him) so he can't hear his volume or ours, for that matter. And he abbreviates everything without telling us what his abbreviations stand for! Mercy. I also have to write a children's book and have it published by midterm of this semester, write an entire unit (9 weeks) of social studies, and come up with 5 cross-curricular PE lesson plans.

However, there are some good things going on. This weekend we are going to Salt Lake City for Kurt and Kathleen's wedding dinner, we sold our football tickets for the game we are missing, and we found someone to drive down to Salt Lake with so we can split gas money. (For all of your paranoid family members out there it is a student that we are driving down with, so not to worry about strangers.) RJ and I have also put up our car keys and have decided to walk. We walk to school, to the library, to the grocery store, to church, and we enjoy walking around the park every night. It's nice to enjoy the weather while it's here.

I wish I had more exciting news, but alas, now that school started my life is boring. The most exciting news I have is that I was voted runner-up as most exciting person in my literacy class but I am convinced that I lost unfairly. The girl I lost to made up her story and I don't believe her at all. I was robbed!

No comments: