Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updates

We haven't had internet in about two weeks, so there's a lot to catch up on.

Lola got her first major haircut on Tuesday. Since it's getting hotter we shaved her down for the summer. I miss her curly, fluffy fur, but I'd say she looks cute all the time. I'm such a bias pet owner =]

RJ also got a haircut! He buzzed his chair, and if you notice (in the picture below) he's also growing a mustache. What a goober. He's doing really well in all his classes and he's learning a lot about muscles in his anatomy class. He's getting some of the best test scores in his classes. He also gets to sport this new shirt around campus!


Yes, I made a plaid shirt! I'm so excited about how well it matches up everywhere. This shirt was a lot of fun once I got it cut out. I wish that I could have made the plaid in the pocket off-centered so you can tell it's there, but the point of the project was to match everything...so that's what I did. I think it turned out great!

Besides school, RJ is enjoying his new GOLF CLUBS! He got a new set of clubs for an early birthday, Christmas, and graduation present. He has a season pass to the driving range and spends hours there every day that the weather permits. Let me just take a moment to brag and say that he is so good at golf. He hits further than anyone else on the driving range!

I've been sewing a lot, of course. I just finished a pair of dress slacks, except the hem, and they look great. We're starting a lined skirt on Monday in my advanced class; in my children's sewing class I am finishing up a blessing dress and then we're making a coat, and in home decor we're making pillows and bedding. I should have more pictures to post of all these things, but I haven't taken a picture of everything yet.















These are two bibs I've made. The one on the left has a navy blue ribbing around the neck and the one on the right has white ribbing, so the neck hole isn't really as small as it looks.



Sorry the picture is sideways, but you get the point.

These are separate T2 jammies.



I have to thank Whitney, who has been keeping me sane when we have to spend way too long in the sewing lab. We are taking all 3 of our classes together this semester and I see her basically every day of the week. What am I going to do next semester when I'll only see her on Sundays?!



I also completed the Teton Dam 5k!!! I was so nervous, but I did it! I went a little over my goal time, but I wasn't expecting the first 2 miles to be uphill so that definitely slowed me down. I kept my pace and ran all but about 50 ft, which is more important to me. As I was crossing the finish line I heard RJ cheering me on which made my heart so happy. I was so proud of myself for finishing, and then right behind me came an 82 year-old man finishing the marathon...figures!









Last night we had Whitney and Joey over for a barbecue and games. We played Fact or Crap and Rummikub. It was so much fun to have a nice, summer day.

The last update is about our street: it's officially under construction. Half of our side of the street has been torn down for the new complex, but they haven't started building yet...which I'm okay with. I don't want to hear construction all summer!

2 comments:

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

Great and funny! And you made a shirt - it looks awesome!

Scott and Emily said...

I love it! I DEFINITELY need to get me some baby jammies and bibs! ...for next year, when we start thinking about having a baby. ; )

Can you believe they took out that old laundromat? That sucker was OLD. I thought it'd last forever....