Sunday, November 25, 2012

Untitled

Blaine sure is a fun little guy! He is now eating all sorts of fun finger foods, rolling and crawling around EVERYWHERE, and saying all sorts of fun little sounds. It's also been decided that he loves Lola more than he loves us. It's the sad truth.

He's such a big boy! He's 29 1/2 inches and 23 lbs (as of November 2nd); I wish that my arms were getting as muscular as I think they should be.

I've noticed that, as of lately, Blaine is starting to develop quite the little attitude. He is fond of throwing little tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants, so we're working on that. Sort of. I guess I should just say that we're working on it as much as possible.

He is also turning into a Momma's Boy, which I have mixed feelings about. Sometimes he is good with other people, but more often than not he cries or fusses until I pick him back up. That's not ideal, obviously.

On a more positive note, he is a fantastic little eater! He doesn't like green beans or peas unless I mix them with something else, but he'll still eat them with a cute little grimace on his face. He loves finger foods, yogurt, and carrots. And, despite his temper (which I'm sure he inherited from me), he is pretty mellow. I know it seems like having a temper and being mellow is impossible to mix, but really he is pretty easy-going. He only gets mad when I take something away from him or put him on his back to change his diaper when he'd rather crawl around, but in other situations he could really care less. For example, when we're at church he is constantly being climbed over, sat on, and pushed over by the other girl babies who are older [but the same size] as Blaine, and he could care less. Every time they steal a toy he finds another one. Every time they sit on/lay on/stand on him he just hangs out until they move. His cousin Samantha pushed him over and then sat on him playing with her blocks and what did my sweet boy do? Absolutely nothing. Cute little guy.

As I already mentioned he absolutely, positively, without a doubt loves Lola. She liked him a lot more before he could follow her around; now she spends the majority of her time up on the couch or on the bed. Blaine always grabs her fur and then rubs his cheek on her, smiling and laughing. She is such a good sport with him and she puts up with it. I'm trying to teach him the word "soft" [better early than late, right?] and I have him pet her. I'm starting to notice that more and more he is just rubbing her fur rather than grabbing it, and I'd like to pretend that it's because of me. I have a genius baby that understands the word "soft," awesome! Lola is still very, VERY protective over him and I can't wait to see them become the best of friends as he gets older.

Here are some recent pictures of my little guy, including two of his destruction.

His very first time realizing that he can pull the movies down.

Playing the drums



First Thanksgiving!