It's officially winter in Rexburg. I woke up Monday morning to snow falling. I went to bed Monday night with 4 inches of snow on the ground. I woke up Tuesday morning to snow.
It's still snowing. Oh, but on a twist of irony, my friends in California are going to the beach tomorrow to celebrate Veterans Day. Definitely not fair.
However, because of the snow I have decided that on my list of top 10 inventions in the world heated sidewalks definitely makes top 5. Think about it! It really is a brilliant idea. The snow won't stick to heat and it makes shoveling snow a thousand times easier. Rich people like our neighbors have heated a heated driveway and sidewalk and every winter I envy the fact that they do. I'm adding a new goal to my life: have a heated driveway. It's going right after having two washing machines and dryers. Life really is about the simple things, right? =]
Despite the fact that it didn't top 28 degrees today and that I slid all over the road this morning drive to my practicum, I really do love the winter. It's a beautiful sight to see the sun setting over the perfectly white city.
Anyway, this semester I am in another practicum. I'm teaching literacy in a 1st grade class and it is a lot of fun being around the 1st graders. I'm learning a lot from my teacher, and it's nice to FINALLY be in a 1st grade class (since that's the grade I want to teach). I have a couple of stories for anyone interested.
This first story is thanks to Luis. We had a sub the other day and when Luis came into class he walked straight up to me and said, "Mrs. Evershed we have a sub today so I am going to explain all of these games so we can have a lot of fun without Mrs. Twitchell. Okay so this [holds up a book] is a book, and we read it. These words [picks up a bowl] are called high frequency words and we need to know all of these." He proceeded to explain every game that I had on the table. I couldn't help but laugh, or let him explain the games to his centers.
There is a girl in my class named Lilly. She sits at a table with Landon and Jeron. This scenario has happened a couple of times, but this particular story was from last Friday. During the middle of the activity Landon burst out by saying, "Jeron loves Lilly! I just know it! He basically told me!" Lilly stared at Landon with a twinkle in her eye and started batting her eyelashes. Then, without ever taking her eyes off of him, she said, "Landon, don't lie. YOU love me!" Then she started winking. Landon, who definitely does have a crush on Lilly, started getting angry and began to grunt and say, "Oh my goodness. You wish! I. DO. NOT!" Lilly responded by saying, "Yes you do, but it's okay. I won't tell anyone. Except the entire class."Then she yelled that Landon loved her to the class. Fortunately for Landon no one heard her except the table, but they didn't care to begin with.
I have a couple other stories, but to sum it all up my days are spent hearing stories about snowmen, big brothers being mean, new marbles, cool erasers, and how Landon loves Lilly. I love the 1st grade.
Oh, and for anyone who's interested, I have 5 weeks till graduation. NO BIG DEAL! =]
No comments:
Post a Comment