Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seriously, So Blessed

I got my title from this humorous little blog that always makes me laugh. The blog is hilarious, but just in case you read it, it is just a joke =]
www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com

Anyway, I started reading that because I was in need of a stress relief. Finals. Work. Bills. Graduating. It all seems to be coming down on us, but fortunately I have my wonderful husband to help me realize that I'm just overreacting. As always.

So, this entry is dedicated to him. I decided to list 10 things that I love about RJ, so if you don't care, now is the time to stop reading.

1. He is so giving and kind. Whenever someone needs help RJ is always the first to rush over, even if it is a complete stranger. He always holds the doors for people, will help someone up if they fall, will pick up whatever they drop, or carry anything heavy. He always says hello to people, and is always trying to make people laugh.

2. He knows when I am struggling and will always try to cheer me up. For example, he knows how overwhelmed I've been this week and on his way home today he bought me two new pairs of Christmas socks. This might seem silly, but it is a blessing for two reasons. First, I only have two pairs of Christmas socks so I will eventually end up wearing Halloween socks a day or two...now I have more options and less of a chance to get teased! =] Second, it gave me warm fuzzies knowing that he thought of me in even the tinniest, Christmas sock kind of way.

3. He loves family. I've always appreciated how good RJ is to his mother, and that was one of the things that attracted me to him the most the most. He respects his fathers, and loves his siblings, and all his nieces and nephews. He is also so good to my family and we always have a fun time together. There is so much room in his heart to love.

4. He isn't obsessive compulsive. Since we all know I really struggle with that it's a good thing that I married someone who is so easy-going. RJ loves that I color code his clothes, do all the bills, clean everything a certain way, and have a specific spot for every thing in our house, but really he could care less if I hung up a T-shirt every once in a while or I asked him to control the bills. He helps me balance out so much and has taught me a great deal about relaxing, and I could never have done it without him.

5. RJ is one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life. Sometimes I am so stressed that I don't want to laugh, but he never listens to me when I ask him to stop because he knows I need to laugh. He is always doing something funny, making some witty comment, or just laughing. His good humor is contagious and there is no way that you can't not laugh when you're with him.

6. He takes such good care of me. I am definitely spoiled in this relationship, but if you ask him that is just how it's supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, I make sure that he is taken care of and spoiled too, but he definitely tries to make me happy above all else. For example, right now we are looking for a puppy and whenever I try to chicken out saying that it might not be a good idea my knight in shining armor, who knows how much I really do want a puppy, will re-convince me that it is a good idea. I think he just wants the puppy, though! =]

7. He can reach everything on the top shelf. Now, let me clarify this, I am fully capable of bringing a chair over and getting into our ridiculously high cabinets, but I love having RJ around who is always helping me with everything, even just getting down a bowl that I have to stand on tip-toes to reach. This goes back to his willingness to help. He tries to make my life easier, even if that means stopping whatever he's doing and coming over. 98% of the time I don't even ask him, he just automatically comes over to help me.

8. I love that we don't always agree. This semester we are in a critical thinking class and we didn't agree on everything. We were the only married couple in class, so our classmates and teacher found it humorous at times when we were polar opposite, but it was nice to know that on everything major we agreed on, but sometimes we disagreed. I think that's great! Just because we're married doesn't mean we need to have the same thoughts. Obviously there are certain things that are more important to be on the same page with, but RJ is a free-thinker and not dominated by my opinion, which we see a lot up here.

9. He's so smart! He doesn't give himself enough credit, but he really is very smart. He comes home every day talking about some science term that he finds so interesting and it's all I can do to keep up with him. He has such a love for history, and his mind is built for science and math. Our kids will be in very capable hands if they ever need help with their homework, or ever want to do something fun with him. He loves to learn and is so good at it (but he probably won't agree with this one...Hah!)

10. He lets me be myself. I have found that a lot of my friends get lost in their marriages, but RJ and I still know how to be ourselves. Of course I love being with him and doing things with him, but while we have found things we enjoy doing together we have also learned to make time to be ourselves, even if it is just taking an hour or so to read a book.

AND he has such a cute BUTT!

2 comments:

RJ said...

Thanks baby! You are pretty cool yourself! But seriously, I love you and couldn't have asked for anybody else to spend my life with. Here are 10 things I love about you. These ten things are not in any specific order and all are number one.

1. You keep me going.
2. You love to serve. For example, Natalie likes to go to the old folks home and just talk to and give the people some company.
4. You don't put up with any of my crap!
5. You always push yourself for excellence.
6. You are my spiritual giant. She makes sure we read the scriptures together, pray at night, go to the temple, go to devotional, and go to church.
7. You take care of me. Natalie cleans my clothes, takes care of the house, does the shopping, makes sure I go to class, makes sure I do my homework, that I don't stay up to late playing my XBOX, she makes sure I have something to eat, etc. etc. etc...
8. You love kids! And thins makes her want to have babies sooner than later! She is seriously going to be the best mom in the world.
9. You are very organized which makes it easy for me to know where things are and where to put them.
10. You fill all of my voids and balance me out.
11. You are the one that has the sexiest and cutest butt in the world and everybody knows that.

I love you so so so so so so so so so much!

Lindsey said...

Ahh!!! This comment is adorable and made my eyes water up a bit :) Yes I do have Magelby and he seems nice and easy but I could see where we won't learn much since right now he is reading us some story about a kid and an elephant and a fortune teller. I'm not sure where he's going with that. And for PE methods I will make sure and schedule to teach early in the semester to get it over with. Thanks for the advice :) Are you on track this semester?