Sunday, January 9, 2011

It seems like I write more blog updates when I should be doing other things... like writing lesson plans.

A lot has happened since my last post. At the current moment I plan on summarizing it into one post, but I might change my mind. Hang in there.

Meet Lola!
Lola is the newest addition to our family! I could (and should) have an entire blog post dedicated to her crazy antics. Lola is quite the character and she has definitely kept us on our toes, as well as helped us get adjusted to a better sleeping schedule. She is so smart and sweet, but she definitely has a crazy side that comes out when we play. We love her personality so much.

One day I will dedicate a post to her sleeping positions. I swear this dog refuses to sleep curled up. She always finds herself comfortable in the funniest positions, but we love her for it. She is SO smart and playful. We love playing fetch, taking her on walks, and playing in the snow. I hope all of you have a chance to meet her. =]

In other news, I graduated! Sort of. I'm still taking classes to fill the time, but I completed all of my course work for my degree in elementary education! Right now I am taking fun classes, working in the Housing Office, working towards my endorsement in bi-lingual education, and getting ready to start my master's program in special ed. It's an exciting time!

Graduation was more than I could have imagined. We were the first class to graduate in the new building and it was BEAUTIFUL! We were told to show up in the new basketball courts to line up, but we didn't know that as we were escorted to the conference room the halls would be lined with all of our professors. I wish I had my camera with me. It was so awesome to see all of my teachers and hear their congratulations as I walked by. It was one of the best moments of my life, and something I will never forget.

Graduation is a surreal experience, but I don't think that I can ever understand the full impact since I'm still here. Ha! As I was participating in all of the events I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude for this university. BYU-Idaho is such an amazing place, and even though the winters are tough and it's hard to be so far away from home, I am so glad that I was able to come to this university. The teachers and students here have shaped my life in so many ways that I could never even begin to count. This truly is a special place and I will be sad to see it go. I just hope that our kids will have the opportunity to experience the magic of Rexburg.

Our pictures are spread out over all sorts of cameras, so right now I only have a few. This picture (below) is one of our favorites. The man standing next to RJ (in the hot pink robe!) is President Clark. His robe is hot pink and black because he got his PhD from Harvard, and for some reason they chose those colors. The man standing next to me is Elder Jensen, who was our commencement speaker. This picture is in our gorgeous new gym.










Everything is going well this semester. RJ is in really hard classes, so I hardly ever see him. He has chosen the library and study groups over me, but I think I'll manage. Good thing I have Lola to keep me company! In all seriousness, I am really proud of him. He is taking Human Anatomy & Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, and Spanish Cultures & Civilizations. I could never handle his work load.

I'm in the schools two days a week starting on Wednesday! I was placed in a 4th grade class, which is terrifying, but it will be a good learning experience. I just have to keep telling myself that. On my off days I am taking a sewing class, a family history class, and a Spanish class. I'm so excited that I get to take three fun classes this semester. I am really looking forward to my sewing class, especially since Roger and Paula gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. I'm going to be a pro! In 13 weeks I will have made a pillow case, pajamas, a blouse, and a skirt. Try not to be intimidated by my skills =]

One last positive note: RJ and I are planning our summer vacation AND I CAN'T WAIT! I will share it with you all when we settle on more details, but it is going to be a lot of fun =]

(Just as a reminder, if you click on the pictures they will expand to full view.)

No comments: