It's spring time in Rexburg! The other day had a high of 77 degrees (I'm melting!) so we took a trip to the Snow Shack for some snow cones. The Snow Shack is a seasonal thing, and it's always a big deal when it opens. So we went for a walk with Lola and got some of the world's best snow cones. It's a glorious time of year!I mentioned that I am in 3 sewing classes this semester, and I am finally going to post pictures.
I have been doing a lot of fabric shopping (donations are always appreciated =]) and sewing the past couple of weeks, but it's been a lot of fun. My most challenging class is my advanced clothing construction class. We're currently working on a plaid shirt that will be done on Monday. Matching plaid is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but it's been really rewarding to see the shirt as it comes together. The shirt is for RJ; I finished the sleeves and side seems on Friday so he finally got to try it on and it fits great! I originally made it too big so I had to bring it in a bit when I was doing the side seems....and turns out that all of the hard work was worth it.
My home decor class was going really slow but it's finally starting to pick up. I, thankfully, don't have much to do outside of class (yet) but it has its difficult moments. I thought the projects would be pretty simple, but it's hard to pick and decide on a project with so much freedom. I'm currently making napkins for my mom. My teacher asked why I was doing something below my skill level, but when I told her for my mom she said it was okay. She did say, though, that my next project has to be a little harder. Sounds fair.
In my children's sewing class we're pumping out projects like mad. I've made a couple of caps, booties, and some sleepers. Right now we're working on bibs, so I'll post those pictures when I have them.
As of now the only finished pictures I have are from my children's sewing class, but I'll post them as they come! We have to make more than one, so I've made different sizes and prints.

2 comments:
CUUUUUUUUUTE!! Promise me that when I finally have a baby you'll sew me a sleeper and matching booties. :)
Deal!
OOOR you can come over and we can make one together =]
Post a Comment