No big deal that I haven't put up a new post in almost a month.
We are officially done with school for the summer! It feels glorious. We just spent 10 days and for the most part we had no idea what to do with ourselves. No homework. No where to go. It was ah-may-zing. RJ golfed every single day with his dad, and they even participated in a father/son golf tournament. I slept. And took naps. And slept some more. Have I mentioned how fantastic this whole summer break thing is?
We spent a good amount of time with family, which was a blast. We went out to dinner with the Johnsen family at some great little Italian restaurant somewhere around 28th S and 23rd E. It was delicious! We also spent a lot of time with Nathan, Emily, and their family. RJ helped Nathan put up a door, a wall, a microwave, and they moved a desk. I fixed a blanket for Emily, and watched a movie with Will while John was at school. The best part was meeting their new sweet baby Spencer. He is yet another beautiful addition to their family. Ryan, Natalie, and their family were in town for the first couple of days that we were there, too. Natalie found a store in Bountiful that makes South African pastries and she brought some home for us. Delicious! I was a little hesitant to taste them, but they were delicious.
I wish I had taken pictures of Pioneer Day. We had a big family barbecue and lit off a grip of fireworks. I love Utah for allowing fireworks. It was so much fun. Gracie and I were buddies that night watching Justin and RJ light off all the fireworks. Some of the neighbors came out to watch, because lets all be honest, the Johnsen family can pick out some awesome fireworks.
Lola had a blast, too. Ryan and Paula's dogs were there for her to play with and she was FILTHY by the end of the week. She's never ran around in so much mud in her life. The first thing we did when we got home was give her a bath and we were shocked with how brown the water was. Nasty.
Tomorrow morning is Monday...but I feel like it's Saturday. RJ and I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow because all we have in our fridge is butter (don't judge me). We're going to head out to Idaho Falls to grab some dog food and human food, and then we're going to come back and have a barbecue because I am insisting on corn on the cob -I've been begging for it all week, but we the propane tanks were empty. I also have a new book to start, and some sewing to work on. Also, I found an amazing coupon website so I'm going to dive into that and save some dolla-dolla bills.
I love summer.
1 comment:
Oh hey we missed you! And you need to share some couponing with me :)
Post a Comment