Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mixed Emotions

The past week and a half of summer has been interesting, to say the least. I have really appreciated my time to relax, but I'm also feeling very sluggish and lazy. I'm not used to having absolutely zero responsibilities. I feel like I'm playing hooky all day and that any time now someone will catch me.

Monday and Tuesday were kind of wasteful. Although RJ and I went to the grocery store on Monday, we spent the rest of the day lounging around and napping. Yesterday was somewhat of the same, except we took Lola on a walk and played fetch in the park. I was determined to make today different, so we went to Rigby Lake with Whitney and Joey. While we were there Whitney and I realized that we should have had a waterproof camera to document our fun, but alas we were ill-prepared. When we picked them up we went to Subway for a quick lunch, and then headed off to the lake. This was the warmest day of the week, even though it only got up to 83 degrees, but the heat definitely didn't make the water any warmer. As soon as we worked up enough courage to go all the way in it, of course, became much more fun. We swam around for a while and then went over to the floating dock to go off the slide. After diving off the deck a few times we went back to the beach to enjoy the warmth. It was the first time all summer that any of us had been swimming (pathetic, I know), and it was a blast. We made plans to have a bonfire and make some tin-foil dinners, with or without Baby Plumb present. Can't wait!

On a more irritating note, I finally found out why I have not received my full student teaching placement. My principal is waiting till the first day of teacher in-service to make the placements. Dang it. I was supposed to have all summer to prepare, but of course not. I won't know my grade or anything until I show up for the very first day. I thought I was nervous before, but now I am way more nervous. I veto his decision.

So now I have a little less than 3 weeks before school starts and a whole lot that I need/want to do. Hopefully I got all the lazy out of me, though, so I can be as productive as possible until the 23rd.

No comments: