Sunday, March 4, 2012

Any Guesses?

Okay, so this might be a little early but I'm curious.

I'm 36 weeks! Yes, that's right, 36. That's 9 months, people. Can you say "holy cow?" I can. HOLY COW!

The other day I heard my friend, who is about 26 weeks pregnant, exclaim how she is "almost there" and "can see the finish line." I laughed a little (okay, a lot) on the inside but told her that she was right, she is getting close. I went home and told RJ about what happened and he laughed too. We started talking about how fast everything went at the beginning, and how slow it's going now. When I was entering my 3rd trimester I was in the same place as my friend; I could see the finish line and I thought I was almost done. Now that I've been pregnant for 9 months I feel like the day will never come that I can bend down and touch my toes again. I've been pregnant since July...it really seems like forever. Time is going so slow now.

But, despite how fast or slow time is going, it's still going. I want to know your guesses as to Baby's stats.
-WEIGHT: Baby's current weight is just shy of 6 lbs. How much will Baby weigh when he/she makes his/her grand entrance into the world? RJ was 10 lbs born two weeks early, and I was 8lbs, almost 9 lbs. I won't tell you how much I weigh now.
-DUE DATE: Right now my due date is March 31st, but I've been having steady contractions for the past three weeks. I've also been measuring early throughout my whole pregnancy. Right now I am measuring a week and a half early. If it matters, I was born a week past my due date. RJ was early due to size, but his mom had a scheduled c-section.
-GENDER: This is the biggest question, folks! Is Baby E a little girl or a boy? So far two people have consistently said girl; Whitney and my 3-year old niece Gracie. Everyone else says boy. I have no idea. I thought it was a boy at first, and then at one doctor's appointment my doctor kept saying boy and I blurted out, "Don't call her a boy!" So then I thought girl. I'm not so sure anymore. Baby's heartbeat has been 152 BPM my whole pregnancy, which is [literally] right smack dab in the middle. My last appointment the heartbeat was 135-140 BPM. Some people say I'm carrying low, but some say high. I think that my belly is right in the middle, so I can't really tell if it's low or high, but I can tell you one thing for sure: it's HEAVY!

So what do you think?

3 comments:

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

You look beautiful!

KP's stitch said...

I say:

1. You are beautiful pregnant
2. Your belly looks like its going to pop! lol
3. Its going to be a girl
4. It will be 8lb 9 oz
5. Baby E will be born on March 20th

:)

Scott and Emily said...

I agree with above-said comments. You are simply beautiful! I can't believe it's been nine months already. :) I think it's a...boy!