Thursday, March 29, 2012

Warning: You might not actually care about this post at all. I'm STILL pregnant and therefore STILL very emotional.

Things have been pretty quite on the home front, well, at least up until a few days ago.

It all started on Saturday. RJ and I went to the library and as I was getting out of the car I noticed that one of our back tires was missing a lug nut. We went to get that fixed and found out that basically all of our lug nuts were completely rusted and they told us that if we ever had a flat it'd be basically impossible to fix it ourselves; something about normal wrenches not fitting our lousy rusted lug nuts. I made them prove it, and sure enough they were all rusted and corroded and crappy. We also realized that we sort of forgot to rotate our tires for quite a few miles -whoops. So we fixed that and went on our way. Then on Sunday our car started making this fun noise whenever we would turn the car on or off, or drive over any type of dip. Awesome. I took the Jeep in again and found out that the little doo-dad that holds the muffler in place had cracked in a spot and was starting to fall off. Not a big deal, only a couple of bucks to fix. They ordered the part for us and it should be in some time at the end of the week. And today our check engine light came on. I wanted to cry. I found a place that did some type of code sensor deal to try and check the problem for free. They said they thought it was a problem with our O2 sensor, but they couldn't be sure without doing a full diagnostic which would cost a whopping $95 minimum. No thank you. I drove around town trying to find someone who would take pity on this whale of a pregnant woman and do the diagnostic for cheaper. I found someone who did it for $35 and guess what? It was the O2 sensor. I wanted to say dirty words, because I had already found that out for free. He said it wouldn't kill our Jeep if we waited to fix it, but we needed to do it in the next few days. So I have an appointment on Monday...

...which, in case you haven't heard is the day I'm getting induced. So I get to pay $100-$150 to get this stupid part fixed, drop RJ off at class, eat a light dinner, and then head to the hospital. That's the other thing that's going on for us. A month ago I started to progress and my doctors thought for sure there was no way I would make it to my due date. Well, four weeks later and I haven't progressed any further. They're starting to think that this baby won't be able to come on it's own. Why, you might ask? Because it's too big. Awesome. They're speculating that the baby won't drop anymore because my pelvis is just too narrow, and Baby E is just too big. I have 4 days to prove them wrong, and I hope I do because I really don't want to have a c-section.

Also, our neighbor is being an idiot and I kind of just want to smack her in the face. I saw her at the craft store today when I was showing my mom around and she was being SO RUDE. I'm officially going to be avoiding her for the next few days so I don't lose my cool.

We still haven't found out if RJ's application for his internship grant has been accepted or not, which is not helping me sleep at night. Although even if we knew by now I don't think I could sleep out of sheer discomfort, but I'd like to think that maybe it'd help.

I'm still battling with Amazon and I have no idea what's happening anymore because I haven't received a single email update, so who knows what's going on with that. I hate Amazon.

And last but not least, I have $125 to Target that I am dying to exchange for cash or a Walmart gift card. We want to buy a few things for Baby E that stupid Target doesn't carry anymore. It figures that as soon as we get the money for it we can't buy it. Awesome. I just want to exchange it for money that I can use in town, instead of having a thousand gift cards that I can only use in Idaho Falls. However, I would rather have the gift cards than not have the money at all...I should try and be more positive about that.

To end this on a positive note, I won a free book from Goodreads that I can't wait to receive and I only have a few more days till I can finally meet little Baby E. Hopefully today was the last of all our car drama. Does someone just want to buy us a new car? It can be a baby gift if that makes you feel better about the purchase. =]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha I'm so sorry everything seems to be going wrong. But I totally know what you mean about your neighbor, she can be really rude, she was to me once when I was prego and in Porters

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

Wow, I read this and now *I'm* in a bad mood!! Hope the week gets better. Like today :-)

KP's stitch said...

I totally know how you feel about the car situation, i had a problem with that too, but my car cost $1,000 to fix. lol.
SOooo excited for the baby!!