Friday, May 25, 2012

Hey, Remember Me?

I doubt anyone is even following my blog anymore. I've been awful at updating. My bad.

It's been two months since my little man was born, and I can't believe he's here. Having a baby is completely different than I could have ever imagined. It's the greatest, most rewarding, and most exhausting thing I have ever experienced. Ever.

Blaine was born at 9 lbs even and now, at almost 8 weeks he is weighing in at 12.8 lbs. What a big boy! He is wearing 3-6 month sized clothing, and I just can't believe it. We can still squeeze him into a few 0-3 month things, but not many. Luckily my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law just hosted a fabulous baby shower for me and we were given a TON of 3-6 month things. It's perfect. He is ready for summer with all of his shorts, bathing suits, and t-shirts.

These past 8 weeks have been a challenge, and I am so grateful that RJ has been out of school this semester to help me. If he wasn't here I would have gone bald from stress. Blaine has silent reflux and an aversion to sleep...not fun. We tried all sorts of different ways to get him to sleep and finally I put him on his stomach. I spent all night watching him sleep because I was so paranoid. Well, turns out he's a tummy sleeper. He has been sleeping all on his own in his crib, and it makes me anxious to not be holding him all the time. I don't quite know what to do with myself and my empty hands. Two weeks ago I had begrudgingly took him to bed with me and decided to give into co-sleeping but I absolutely hated it. I didn't feel safe doing it, and I didn't like that RJ and I had to sleep in two different rooms. Not fun.

So, much to my pediatrician's disliking, we put him on his tummy to sleep. It still makes me nervous, but he needs to sleep and if this is how he is going to get it than I guess it's worth it. Plus, I'm sleeping again at night which is glorious.

In other good news, I have read more books in the two months that he's been born than I did all last year. How depressing is that? I'm working on book number 8. It's been great, and a lot of fun getting to read all of these books that I had on my to-do list. I'm also still on the hunt for an online job, but still no luck.

RJ and I are about to embark on our summer plans, and I am really sad about it. He is going on an internship in Davis, CA and Blaine and I won't see him for 10 weeks. Luckily I have the greatest parents in the world and they are taking me in so I don't have to be alone. How fabulous of them.

This is a lame blog update, but it's better than nothing. I'll end it with a cute picture, because I have the most precious baby in the entire world.


3 comments:

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

What a cute little boy!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this post, knowing that it might take awhile to adjust to the demands of a new baby in the house. The good news is that the first baby is the biggest adjustment. When the next one comes along, you'll be a pro. Welcome back!

Unknown said...

LOVE the update! Is he going to UCDavis by any chance? I hear Davis an think of the med center.