While I was in Yucaipa I learned a lot! When I first got there I weighed 12.13 lbs and was 24 inches long.
I still wasn't a big fan of sleeping or of being by myself. My mom had to hold me all the time, and she had to rock me to sleep.
Now I really appreciate nap time. I went from taking three 20 minute naps to taking one 2 hour nap and two 1 hour naps.
I met my aunts, Katie and Kristen. They sure are pretty!
I met my Great-Grandma, too! She was always talking to me, and she gave me my favorite toy!
I learned how to make my bouncer move, how to hold my own toys, how to get my feet in my mouth, and I learned that my hands taste really good...especially my Great-Grandpa's!
I learned how to roll over from my back to my stomach, too! My momma doesn't have a video of that yet.
I went swimming for the first time!
I went power walking with my mom and grandma!
I was turned around in my stroller so I could see out into the world.
I read books with Grandma,
And Grandpa told me all about guns and music.
I saw a lot of animals, and I pet Lola for the first time. I sure do love her!
I ate my first bowl of cereal. I didn't like it too much, but it grew on me.
I learned how to sit up all by myself. Well...sort of. I'm still working on it, but I'm getting better every day!
I learned that my arm pits and feet are ticklish, I learned how to use my vocal chords to make all sorts of fun sounds, and I figured out how to stick my tongue out.
I decided that I didn't like crying to get mom's attention when I woke up. So instead I learned how to thump my legs against the mattress until someone came to get me.
I learned how to splash in the bathtub and blow spit bubbles.
And I learned that I still love to cuddle with my momma.
Now I'm leaving Yucaipa and I am so much bigger! I wear a size 4 diaper, I'm 22 lbs and 29 inches long. I'm going to miss being with all those fun people in California, but I can't wait to be in cooler weather. My first night up in the Mountain West and I'm already sleeping in footed pajamas! It's the BEST! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for letting me stay with you all summer. I can't wait to see you again in November!
Love,
Blaine











6 comments:
Awesome update, Natalito. Stinkerbell used to do that thumping thing too. Aren't babies fun?
Great blog Blaine! Daddy is so proud of you! And your Mommy obviously loves you!!!
I never heard how his plane ride was, did he do okay?
He did great! He made all sorts of new friends on the plane. He was smiling and talking the whole time. Flying to Salt Lake was a little different. We were up so early that he started to get a bit cranky on the plane, but he fell asleep as soon as I started singing to him. THEN we switched planes...and I didn't have enough time to change his diaper so it leaked all up on me. That was exciting haha....
This is so cute! I loved hearing about all the changes of Blaine this summer! It is amazing all that happens so fast!!! What a cute little guy!!!
Brinlee weighs 23 lbs. is 29 inches tall and wears size 4 diapers...but she's 13 months old. Haha. I'd like to see them together now!
Post a Comment