All's well that begins...well...badly.
Blaine woke up this morning about 1 hour and 15 minutes later than usual. You think I should be celebrating...but I wasn't. His diaper had leaked through his pj's and he was all wet. I also figured that since he woke up later he would take his naps later, therefore throwing off the rest of the day.
I got him out of bed, changed his diaper and his clothes, and then came out to feed him. After he ate we tried some applesauce. He wasn't a fan. Then I tried to make RJ some breakfast, and Baby Boy quickly let me know that he did NOT appreciate being in the high chair without me sitting next to him. So what did he do? He threw all of his toys off his high chair. I put them back (stupid, stupid, stupid...) and sat with him for a couple of minutes. Then I stood up and walked back to the cupboards, only to hear the all-to-familiar sound of toys hitting the floor. I turned around and he was smiling, as he was holding the last of his toys over the edge of the high chair. We made eye contact for a few seconds, I smiled and said in a nice, mommy voice, "No, no, no baby...you silly little guy...don't drop tha." You're probably thinking that I accidentally didn't finish typing my sentence, right? Wrong. He cut me off mid-sentence by dropping the toy. Then laughing at me. I picked them all back up and put them on the table and decided that I could probably entertain him long enough to make oatmeal by singing and dancing and basically making a fool of myself. As soon as the oatmeal finished cooling he started to get really mad, but I kept him in his high chair long enough to add the milk to the oatmeal. Then I put it on the table, picked him up out of his high chair and started to walk back to the bedroom to get RJ.
Then I thought of something brilliant! I thought that I would earn major wife-points for my awesome idea, and had Blaine not interfered I'm pretty sure I would have. We're out of fruit to add to oatmeal, so I thought about adding a few chocolate chips to make it tasty. I know, I know...it's a super healthy idea. So I grabbed the bag out of the cupboard and tipped the bag over just a slight bit to put only a few chips in there. And then I saw this cute little hand grab the bag and pull down. All of a sudden I was looking at half of a bag of chocolate chips in the oatmeal, and the other half on the table.
I tried to scoop out as many as possible, but since the bowl was so hot they were melting quickly. I gave up and stirred, hoping that I wouldn't put my husband in a sugar coma. I picked up Blaine, not thinking that I had melted chocolate on my hands, and told RJ that breakfast was ready. He took a bite and smiled, thanked me for my attempt, but told me there was WAY too much chocolate. He ate it anyway, because he's a good sport.
So at this point it's only 9 AM and I have a husband who's ingested a week's worth of chocolate, and a chocolate covered baby. Awesome.
As RJ got ready for school Blaine and I played and he practiced two things: sitting up on his own and falling. He wasn't too partial to the latter. He fell asleep at 10, and so did I. Things became much better from this point on. He slept for two glorious hours, and so did I. BOOM! Then Katie and I took our cute babes (and Lola!) on a walk. Followed by nap time # 2 for Blaine, and cleaning time for me. When he woke up I got dinner in the oven, and then sat outside with Katie while Ros and Cal played, and Blaine sat there and looked really cool being the only guy. Then I came in, gave my cute baby a bath and put him to bed, and ate my delicious dinner.
Today started off rocky, but ended perfectly. I have a beautiful baby in fuzzy pajamas fast asleep in his crib; a closet/dresser full of clean clothes; freshly vacuumed floors; and half of a delicious meal waiting patiently in the oven until my cute hubby gets home.
1 comment:
I'm so glad we are neighbors so I can have a real conversation when our husbands are at school/work
Post a Comment