I've been slacking...and my mom has been harassing me to blog. So here it goes. Get ready...
Blaine and I went down to California again to spend a month with my parents while RJ finished up the semester. We flew down a few days after Thanksgiving, and again Blaine did so great on the flight. Okay, that's a lie. He had a melt down during the last 15 minutes of the second flight but those 15 minutes really seemed like an eternity. At that point of the flight he had been up for 7 hours with only a measly 30 minute nap that he tossed and turned during. Poor baby. It was SO HOT on that second flight, completely full, and then when we hit turbulence he lost it. And then he threw cheerios at the lady next to us, getting them all up in her very expensive looking weave. Whoops. That's what she gets for being the last to board, I guess, because I had the seat first. I was so excited about that second flight, too, because Blaine and I finally got a window seat! I thought he would be so excited to look out the window like he does at home, but turns out he could care less about looking out the window of a plane. Isle seats for us, please.
As soon as we got off the plane he was all smiles, especially when he saw Grandma waiting for him at baggage claim! She bribed him with toys, but he would have smiled anyway.
We thoroughly enjoyed spending time in the warmer weather of California.
Blaine was crawling all around and I put up the chairs to stop him. It worked for about a minute, until he figured out how to crawl through the chairs. Then I put the couch cushions down...he didn't appreciate that much.
 |
| Riding a tractor! |
 |
| Santa's Village |
 |
| Enjoying the fake snow in 50 degree weather |
 |
| Being chased by Grandpa |
 |
| Finding the Christmas tree |
 |
| ...and then realizing that underneath the Christmas tree is much more fun |
 |
| Llewllyn wedding |
 |
| He loved the petting zoo! |
 |
| Bass Pro Shop |
 |
| Going home! |
I foolishly booked a flight with a layover but no plane change on our way home. Never again. The total travel time was about 2 hours shorter than every other flight, but the extra 2 hours would have been worth it in order to get out and stretch our legs. I wiped down every seat in our row [with half of the other travelers snickering, and the other half complementing me] and let him climb around but he kept sitting up in the middle seat and putting his arm on the arm rest. I was laughing so hard. Also, I just want to throw this out there: I didn't plan on him spending the entire flight in his pajamas. His bottle leaked in my diaper bag and soaked all of his clothes...so he was stuck in his jammies. Oh well.
Thanks Mom & Dad for having us in California again! We loved seeing everyone!
1 comment:
He's so cute! Love that argyle sweater..we have that one too! Being a mom is the best! :) So glad you're loving it so much! I know you've got to be such a sweet mama!
Post a Comment