Thursday, January 31, 2013

Snow

On Sunday we got 18 inches of snow.

Wait, let me say that again in case you misunderstood. EIGHTEEN INCHES OF SNOW IN ONE DAY!

First we were battling ridiculously cold temperatures, and now we have an insane amount of snow. The roads have been crazy, and I am so grateful that I work from home.

Working at home is awesome because I get to stay in my pajamas and when I'm really lucky and get the babies to sleep at the same time, I can take a nap. It's awesome.

For all of you non-believers in California, here is proof:


 I know this picture is dark, but this is how high the snow is now outside our window. I guess we won't be opening it any time soon....
 And this is the view of our bedroom window from the outside....







This is our new car, by the way! I told my mom that I would post this picture weeks ago...oops. And that mound of snow has [thankfully] been hauled off by big tractors.

Oh, and in other news, our living-room window cracked because of the cold. Cracked! It is going to be replaced some time soon, so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't crack more...

No comments: