Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blaine is so active. I have almost completely given up on getting anything done during the day, with the exception of nap time.

But he is getting so sweet, too. I love it when he crawls up into my lap and gives me a kiss or brings a toy. And I love seeing him play with RJ. The relationship that Blaine has with RJ is completely different than his relationship with me, and it's so much fun to see it develop.

Here are some pictures to keep you all up-to-date.

This is Blaine with his new friend Luke. I watch Luke every Thursday night and he is just the sweetest little boy. Blaine loves chasing after him.

My sweet little boy helped me with the laundry. As soon as I got it all sorted, he un-sorted it for me. This picture was taken before he ripped apart the basket on the right.

The other day I left Blaine in the living room banging on his activity table and I ran into the bedroom to get dressed. A couple of seconds later I heard the banging stop and then there was nothing but silence. Then I heard the wipes case in my diaper bag skid across the kitchen floor. I didn't pay too much attention to it because Blaine likes to empty my diaper bag often, taking everything out one by one and then he throws it over his shoulder. Then I remembered that I had stashed the last of the Rtiz crackers in there to run errands later that day. I ran out into the kitchen to find him already devouring them! This little boy loves crackers more than any parrot you will ever meet.

Whitney came over and we worked on a craft that involved paint, so we barricaded the kitchen from the babies and Lola and went to town. Blaine and Brinlee kept coming up to the gate to check things out. In case you're wondering why my son is pants-less, it's because they kept falling down. If you notice his very large thighs you might have a good guess as to why. He is just so chunky that his pants barely make it up to his hips, if I can even pull them up past his bum. I just love those chunky thighs of his though!

Smiling as he gets ready for bed!



I love these pictures because they show how curly his hair is getting! When he is in the bath I always give him a mohawk with the soap, but if you notice it curls down instead of sticking straight up. His hair is so so so blonde, and it's really hard to get a good picture of it. I love that his hair has a little bit of RJ and a little bit of me in it. RJ was very blonde up until he was about 16, and Blaine definitely has his hair coloring. I'm always getting comments in the store about how shocked people are that his hair is blonde and not red. I'm okay with it not being red, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those adorable curls stick around.


In other, non-related news, Blaine is now 10 months old and I just can't believe it. He's taking steps, waving, telling me no, kissing, and really playing with other kids. He loves to eat, and we share all of our meals together. His little personality is so much fun. We're starting to plan his birthday party, but we can't decide on a good theme....BUT don't worry, we already have his birthday present haha. We did decide on one thing though: we are not accepting toys as birthday presents. If you saw his bedroom you would understand why. Instead, we are asking for books and movies. The last thing this child needs is more toys...




1 comment:

Joey and Whitney Plumb said...

And in case you were wondering why my little girl is dressed like a boy it's because she has this habbit of having accidents at Natalies house for some reason. And that is Blaines shirt she is wearing. I'm sure she was in something cute and pink when I brought her over.