![]() |
Well he has since mastered and come to love drinking out of his sippy, so we thought we'd make the transition from a soft spout to a hard spout. No go. Besides being hard (obviously), I think the spout was too small for him to realize that it was something that he was supposed to drink from. I tried putting some watered down juice in his hard-spout sippy cup, but turns out he doesn't like juice...so that did little to entice him.
Then we tried a sippy cup that had a soft straw which he LOVED but it leaked everywhere. Seriously, everywhere. So I returned that real fast.
On Saturday we bought a new hard spout sippy cup with a large spout, and guess what? HE LOVES IT!
The take-and-toss were a clear and obvious win! He loves, love, loves drinking water from it. And he loves carrying it around with him, which I think is pretty cute, too. So today we tried swapping out the water for his milk, and guess what?
FAIL.
He hated it. He refused to drink any of his bottles from it, and started getting super cranky, super hungry, and super irritated with me. We were hoping that he would get desperate enough to just drink from it...but it never happened like that. Eventually this momma, who was been sick and tired all week, gave in and gave his milk in his bottle. And he downed it. Crazy boy.
I'm starting to get nervous, because I really wanted him to be off of bottles (mostly) when he was 1, and that day is coming soon. Like in 9 days. I thought that if he was comfortable drinking water out of his sippy that he would drink his milk out of it too, but I guess it was wrong. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he doesn't get emotionally attached to a bottle like most kids get attached to a binkie. We thought we had cleared that hurdle when, as a newborn, Blaine refused his pacifiers. Guess not.
So we're still going to keep trying with his milk in a sippy cup, and we'll see where it goes from here. I'm sure the fact that he's cutting a molar right now isn't helping anything.
On the plus side, we bought Blaine his very own toothbrush and brushed his teeth for the first time and he loved it! I meant to get a picture of that, but I forgot. He was so cute with it. After I finished brushing his little teeth I showed him the sign for all done and he started to cry, grabbed the tooth brush from me, and then started to brush his teeth some more. Apparently we weren't all done haha.


1 comment:
Here is what we use with Brooklyn and she loves it. http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Bottle--Liter-12-Ounce-Robots/dp/B005VY016I/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1364218894&sr=1-1&keywords=kids+camelbak+water+bottle
I know all kids are different though but it's worth a shot right?
Post a Comment