The last time I posted anything Blaine was refusing to drink milk out of anything other than a bottle, and I'm sorry to report that he still hasn't given that up although we are still trying. He has learned to make a mess with his bottle though, and that's not fun. I might just take it away from him since he plays with it so much. Heh...I say that now, right?
As another update, my baby boy isn't exactly a baby anymore! He's a toddler now! I can't believe that. He's still my baby. Although he's
We've also been dealing with a lot of allergies over here. A lot.
This is just a little sampling of what we've been going through. At one point I couldn't bathe him for a full week because his skin was so sensitive that the water really hurt him. I found that the water hurt him the hard way, and he actually got to the point where he was afraid of the water. So when his skin was finally rash and hive-free enough to take a bath I put him in there with a cookie. Cookies solve all problems.
He has an appointment at the end of the month with a specialist to see exactly what he is allergic to and what we need to do about it. Right now we are just modifying his diet and not giving him anything new, because until he meets with the doctor we can't give him any Benadryl or cream to help with a reaction and I feel cruel watching him suffering and not doing anything about it. His doctor is worried that he might be allergic (or at least intolerant) to some type of animal protein, so we've been giving him a lot of soy. Turns out he loves soy...just like Grandma Tracey!
Besides issues with allergies, we've been having a lot of fun. Blaine decided that climbing into my laundry basket is much more fun than pulling everything out of it. So we've seen a lot of this lately:
And more climbing in general....
And it's just so much fun to climb into cabinets and drawers and pull everything out of them.
Since the weather has warmed up quite a bit we've spent a lot of time outside playing with chalk and bubbles, going on walks, playing at the park, and running around in the grass.
I promise that he had a lot more fun playing with the chalk than this picture shows. He just refuses to smile in pictures now.
And we've had our fair share of relaxing moments, too.
Oh, and we've eaten plenty of strawberries. We're still working on that whole idea of portion control. He's so cute.
Hope everyone is doing as well as we are!












3 comments:
I was hoping for an update from you! We are dealing with lots of allergies too it makes meal planning very tricky. Brooklyn has reactions to milk, soy, eggs, avocado, banana, and we are starting to eliminate gluten because we think that might be a problem as well! Our poor little babes!!
Lindsey if her reactions aren't too severe you might want to look into something called NAET. I'm not going to lie, it sounds like witch craft but a lot of people with mild to moderate allergies/intolerance do really well with it. It's more of a holistic method of helping eliminate or lessen allergies. Also, the picture of Blaine's belly is from him touching bananas so I totally get that one. Be careful with latex and kiwis, because they have the same compounds as bananas and avocados. I hope she doesn't have an allergy to milk though, that would make switching to whole milk so hard for you guys! I'll keep little Brooklyn in our prayers. I hope you can find something that works for her.
My neighbor is REALLY into all natural medicine and told me about NAET but from what I've read about it I'm just not convinced enough to try it on my baby. I've been in touch with a lady who has a lot of the same allergies as well as her children and she and others have said that they are all things they can possibly grow out of, so we are hoping on that. Thanks so much for your support I hope little Blaine gets the help he needs too!
Post a Comment