When RJ and I originally got married we moved into a house with all brand new furniture, and this was perfect for us because we weren't planning on leaving until graduation and we didn't want to have to buy furniture and then take it to dental school with us. Unfortunately RJ's internship is coming at a different time then we planned, but it turns out to be the absolute perfect time also (more details on that later). So we set off to buy furniture.
We've been searching Craigslist for things. As I mentioned in my last post we bought a couch and love seat for $350 (only a year old), and an entertainment center for $20. Well, since then we found the matching coffee table to the entertainment center for $10, and the local mattress store is having a sale on their most popular mattress. The mattress is usually $520 and we're getting the mattress AND the box-spring for $320. Score. We didn't end up getting the table that I mentioned in my last post, but we found something better.
The kitchen table has definitely been the hardest thing to find. Everything that is within our price range is garbage, and everything that we like is either way far away or too pricey. We've had our eye on a table at Wal-Mart that would match the rest of our furniture perfectly, but the table alone is $119 and two chairs are $52. We were beginning to feel discouraged. Last night we found a great table on Craigslist, but the guy was an idiot so we didn't buy it from him. Tonight, at 7:42 on the dot RJ grabbed the computer and said, "I am going to go on Craigslist right now and find something amazing that's been posted in the last half hour." I rolled my eyes and said, "Sure. Okay. Good luck." When he screamed for joy a minute later I thought he was joking with me until he shoved the computer in my face and I saw the table that we've been wanting from Wal-Mart being sold for only $50! AND it had only been online for 20 minutes. Despite it being late, we called the person and told them we would be there in 15 minutes since it was in Rigby. We called our friend Joey to help us, and off we went! So there you have it. We bought a brand new table and FOUR chairs that would usually cost us $200 if we bought it from the store for $50. Most excellent.
The woman we bought it from bought it for her daughter to use at school, but the daughter didn't want it....and we reaped the benefits from that.
Here is our new kitchen table! It's currently in our living room...we need to take it apart and store it somewhere. I have no idea where we are going to put it since we have extra furniture in every extra spot already, but we'll find a place.
1 comment:
I love it! We actually like the table so much we have two of them. :) haha. But really! We bought one from Scott's friend and all four chairs when we were first married, and then we had friends moving to Arizona and they just gave us their table, which happened to be the exact same one. Great! So excited for all your new furniture. Woohoo!
Post a Comment