Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer



RJ and I were planning on going to Mt Rushmore this summer....

But instead we had to buy new furniture. So...scratch the whole South Dakota thing.

We just bought a couch and love seat for $350, an entertainment center for $20, and we're going to go look at a table with 4 chairs for $60, and a complete bedroom set for $400.

The bedroom set is the bomb. It's a year old and is normally $3,000 from Thomasville (RJ looked it up). It has a chest of drawers, 6 drawers with a mirror, a headboard, foot board, and 2 night stands. We're super excited about it! Thank goodness for Craigslist, and for living in a college town where everybody is moving in and out and selling furniture. We're not buying dumpy things, though, because we want to be able to sell it when it's finally our time to move.

Our house looks a little crazy right now. We're basically just putting things where we can until December when we get our storage unit. For example, our second bedroom now has a couch in in it, and our living room has an oddly placed 3rd couch. Oh well. It's only for a couple of months, right? Ha.

Today we took Lola for a walk around Beaver Dick Park (real name. Seriously.) and it was a lot of fun. It was such a beautiful day.



We're trying to get Lola to love the water, but we're having little luck so far. That goober.

On Monday we celebrated our 2 year anniversary! 2 years?! Already?! Holy smokes! But it's true!



Look how cute we are. He's the best ever.

Speaking of cute, the world's cutest baby was born on Sunday. Whitney finally had her baby and I am in love with her chubby cheeks. Seriously though, Brinlee Kae is the cutest thing ever. Don't believe me? Look here. Told you. Cutest baby ever.

I'll keep you posted on the rest of our happenings.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Even though you posted this on the 11th, I just wanted to say that I love you and these have been the best two years of my life! Also, I like the furniture that we have been accumulating thus far. Especially what we got today! but I won't say what it is because I don't still any of your thunder for your next post.