I'm officially a student teacher in a 6th grade class! I was so nervous to be in such a "big kid grade," but I am so glad I put myself in the position for 6th grade because I am loving every single minute of it.
First of all, the kids are fantastic. We definitely have a lot of chatter boxes, but we don't have any so-called bad kids. The best thing about 6th grade is that they have [the opportunity to have] so much self-control. It's the best. They can also do so much more, which will be fun to plan for.
Second, my cooperating teacher is beyond incredible. She is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of. Also, I wish that I could just live in the classroom. It's so organized and decorated. I just want it to be mine!
I think my favorite part of the classroom is the quote that's on the wall.
"Always remember, you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." It's perfect for this new challenge in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment