Then I was home all the time, but I was pregnant and so tired all the time. Nothing much changed, except for the fact that I was home during the day. What a failure.
But! now I am home with sweet little baby cake all day, and things actually get done. I make a good, healthy breakfast for RJ every single morning, and he always has a lunch to take to school; I vacuum and wipe down the counters every day, and there is hardly ever a dirty dish in the sink; the bed is always made after my morning nap; and there are no frozen pizzas in sight (thank goodness); ANDDDDD I do laundry regularly and fold/put it away as soon as it comes out of the dryer I'm not going to lie. I feel pretty cool.
Aside from being the greatest house wife of all time, I have also been selling off our stuff. Old clothes that we never wear, random kitchen gadgets that we were given for our wedding that we couldn't return, textbooks, etc. If we don't use it then that means it's just taking up valuable space! So far I've made about $30, which is awesome considering I'm selling everything for $5 or less. Boom. This money is just going into the diaper fund, but still, it's awesome.
I've also been reading. A lot. I love this. I love that I have the time to read again, because I really missed it when I was going to school. I have a goal to read a book a week, which usually happens. I've read a lot of really good books lately (MOM!), and I would love to suggest some to you (MOM!), but you might be too cool to take my suggestions (MOM!).
I've also been into trying new recipes that generally don't include carbs. Yes. You heard it first. This bread squirrel (family nick name) has put down her bad junkie habit for a healthier life style. Basically I just wanted to lose the last of my pregnancy weight, so I gave up bread. I still have some carbs, like cereal, but I try to avoid sandwiches, toast, and especially garlic bread. Garlic bread is made by the devil and express-delivered right to my hips. For real. It was hard at first, but I'm proud that my exercise and willpower has paid off and that I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Double boom.
Anyway, back to recipes. We've enjoyed a lot of tasty dishes thanks to Pinterest, but today was Lola's turn to partake in the festivities. I made dog treats! Right now you're probably thinking that I'm the greatest dog owner of all time, right? Well you're right. I am. Just kidding. But seriously.
How cute is that?! My mother-in-law gave me 100 cookie cutters when we got married and they are basically the most exciting thing sitting in my cupboard of baking goodies. I have all sorts of shapes, including this dog bone. I made her treats out of oatmeal, peanut butter, honey, and wheat flour. She loved them! The best part is that I made 16 of them for about $1, and they are bigger than they look in the picture. They're about 5 inches long and 2 inches thick. She's in doggie heaven right now.
And last but not least, I have a new hobby: indexing. Every night I index about 100 names, maybe a little more depending on how tired I am. Indexing is super fun and easy, and it's a way that I can do genealogy-type stuff without much thought. Is that wrong to say? Probably.
For all of you who don't know, this is what indexing is: I go through census records, ship's passenger lists, draft cards, etc. and type the handwritten information so that when people are searching through records the information is more easily obtained. It's pretty fun and interesting to see all the names and places of birth. It also makes family history work about a billion times easier, because I don't have to search through pages and pages of census records. Census records are fun, but not ideal. True story.
I must admit that it was hard for me to turn down a teaching position, but I am so glad I did. As stressful as things might be right now, I love being home every day with my little guy. I love being able to keep my home clean, and I love knowing that RJ has a good breakfast to start his day and a lunch to hold him over. Mostly I love being a momma though. Look at this cute little guy; how could I not want to spend all day cuddling and playing with him?
![]() |
| All ready for church! |


No comments:
Post a Comment