Friday, September 21, 2012

Wish List

I'm going to take a second and tell all 21 of you who publicly follow my blog, and everyone else that follows in secret, what I wish for. I know, I know. You were DYING to know. You're welcome.

-I wish that I could redo my wedding. Not because I didn't have the best day ever, but because I want to redo it. I had so much fun planning and participating in my wedding that I wish I could marry RJ again every single year on our anniversary. Mostly it's because I want a new dress (not that I could ever find one that I'd love more than my first), and I want new pictures, and new people, and new gifts. For real. If I could go back and change anything from my wedding, it would be our registry. We put some lame things on there that we thought were necessary for our survival as newlyweds. WRONG. Why didn't anyone tell me to register for something important....like a kick butt vacuum!

-I want new sheets. Badly. I hate our sheets so much that every night I get into bed and I say, "I hate you sheets." And every morning I wake up. I hate them.

-I want a new couch. When RJ and I first got married we thought we were really smart to move into a place with (brand new, I promise) furniture so we wouldn't have to buy anything that we would have to either sell or move. Well, one thing led to another and eventually we were living in a place that we hated (more than our sheets, at the time) and we skeedattled out of that place. That left us with our clothes, dishes and other kitchen gadgets, towels, sheets, pillows, blah blah, and an over-sized bean bag. We were clearly ready to be married adults, right? So we went about finding all of our furniture. We scored some good deals on a brand new mattress, box spring and frame and on a used coffee table, entertainment center, and kitchen table. All we really needed was a couch. There was a particular couch that I wanted, and every time I found someone selling it they were either selling it for too much, or it was nabbed by someone else before I got to it. So, in a moment of panic, I bought the first couch and love seat that I was mildly fond of for more than I think I should have spent. In my pregnant mind, though, I thought that I needed to get a couch before it was too late because no one could ever possibly live without a couch! Stupid, stupid, stupid. First of all, I bought it in August and we moved in December. Second, obviously we could have lived without a couch for a couple of weeks or so because students are always selling their couches. Now we have couches that I don't mind, but I don't love and I want a new one.

-I want a gift certificate to Jo-Anns so I can decorate my home with curtains, and picture frames, and flowers, and cute things. I'd say that I want the money to do so, but if you gave me the money for it I'd put all the money in my savings account. I always tell myself that when we move for grad school that I will put up curtains because we'll be there for about 6 years. It doesn't seem totally worth it to me here since we'll be moving. I think I'm saying that to myself, though, so I feel better about my ugly, curtainless windows.

-I wish, I yearn, I dream of a pantry in my kitchen. (Funny side story: at first I typed that I wanted a panty in my kitchen. Heh.)

-I wish that I didn't want to finish off the rest of the birthday cake sitting on my counter right now.

-I wish that I had an extra bedroom and/or giant closet for storage.

Among other things, those are my vain desires right now. I'm sure you feel much more satisfied now.

No comments: