Monday, May 24, 2010

I believe in the power of a good attitude and feng shui

Last night I decided that I was going to make my Monday fantastic. Every week I seem to have a case of what I'd like to call a Manic Monday and last night I decided that it wasn't going to happen this week.

I woke up early and laid in bed for a little while, grateful that RJ was home and that I wasn't outside in the cold. (FYI: All of the guys stayed in a hotel room the other night because they were so far away, so I was stuck all by myself Friday and Saturday.) After a little while we both got up and went to the gym and signed up for a membership! I'm so excited! I'm going to a pilates class tomorrow morning! Almost everyone in the office got a membership to the same gym, and the best part is this: since RJ and I signed up as a couple we got a discount. Yessss. Victory. The gym is way nice, and I wish they had one in Rexburg, but alas, there is not one within a 50 mile radius. The nice thing about this gym is that if we show them proof of a permanent address in a different state then we don't have to pay a cancellation fee. Double victory.

After signing up I dropped RJ off at his meeting and went to Les Schwab to get my brakes looked at...again. I took my car in a week ago and the mechanic was so nice and honest and said that I didn't need breaks but that my something or other need to be cleaned and rotated and blah blah blah. All I heard was that I didn't have to pay $200. However, the something or other that was cleaned and rotated and blah blah blah was still squeaking so they made an appointment with me and told me to bring it back in. Well, they still insisted that I didn't need new brakes. So they replaced something, tightened something else, and re-cleaned whatever it was all for FREE! I also read an entire book about Abraham Lincoln while I waited.

When I got back to the apartments I headed over to the office to find that my office had been moved to the kitchen. At first I was a bit surprised to see my desk, computer, printer, etc. all in the kitchen. I went back to my room and saw Dusty's TV and realized he turned my office into a living room for him. So I went to my new "office" and sat down and I love it! There is so much positive energy over in that corner it is amazing. I'm sitting right by the window so I get to see everyone come and go, there is a ton of light in the room (which my old office was basically a cave) and I have the dining room table as additional workspace for when I bundle all of my paperwork. Sitting there by the window made me just want to get to work! (Wait, did I just say that?) So I sat there for about 4 hours calling all sorts of cities and then did my paperwork. If anyone says that feng shui is a lie then they need to come to my new office because they are surely mistaken! AND I found out that they doubled my request order of paperwork and over-nighted it to the office so tomorrow we are going to have 1000 PSA and SOP forms. This will mean nothing to you, but to me it is the biggest sigh of relief I could have imagined since we have absolutely NONE in the office for the guys to work tomorrow.

After I finished I went to the UPS store to drop off my paperwork and I was very glad when they said, "You're late!" I don't know why it makes me so happy that they know me there now, but it does. Then I went to the post office to mail our rent check and a couple of letters. Then I drove home in my squeak-free car!

Now I am enjoying my fruit smoothie dinner and am about ready to dive into some homework. It's definitely been a busy day but has been very enjoyable. Like I said, I believe in the power of a positive attitude and feng shui.



PS: If anyone cares I have an update on the list of awful things that happen/happened on my mom's birthday (you're welcome, mom). On April 14th Abraham Lincoln was shot, the Titanic sunk, the Beatles broke up, and there are 24 hours till taxes are due. What a great day, aye?

No comments: