The past couple of days have been really great. I went to Six Flags, deactivated my Facebook, saw my parents, and started a journal of daily blessings. Nothing too exciting, but it's been a lot of fun.
There is one thing I have to complain about, though. Americans waste way too much. I was doing homework for my environmental stewardship class and this week we are studying population sustainability and the thoughts of Thomas Malthus. Did you know that if every living person should only have an environmental footprint ("footprints" measure consumption, waste, etc.) of 1.5 hectares? Guess how large of a footprint the average American has....4-10 hectares. AND if the rest of the world continues to aspire to "Americanize" their countries it would take 3 more Earth's to sustain the population. How ridiculous is that?
On a much brighter note RJ and I are slightly over a quarter of our way done with this semester (wahoo!), we're still looking for our puppy, and we're planning a cruise with some friends! Natalie is a happy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment