Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 2

day2 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

It's probably cheating, but I'm doing two people.

Obviously the people that I have been closest with the longest are my wonderful parents. These two people have been my rock my entire life, and I do not know what I would do without them. They are two of the best people you will ever meet.

My dad is such a loving and giving person. He has always inspired me and I have always been proud to call him dad. When I moved away from home the first thing that I realized was that I wouldn't have the constant sound of guitar playing, and I must admit, it was and is really hard to not hear that every day. One of my favorite things about going home is hearing him play. He is so talented and so incredibly smart, but he is also very humble, which I admire. He is always trying to make people laugh and he will do anything for the people in his life. I love you, dad. Thanks for all that you do for me and all that you continue to teach me.

My mom, besides RJ (sorry mom =] ), is my best friend, tennis partner, and shopping buddy. I love my mom for being so thoughtful and lighthearted, and I love her for always being so positive. I have been blessed to have two very funny parents, but what I love about my mom is that she can laugh at herself. She is such a hard worker and she never gives up on something. She never puts herself before anyone, and she is always thinking of people....especially us! I love my mom for sending me holiday socks, because she knows how much I love them. I love her for asking us what we want for breakfast a month before we come home, because I know she wants us to be comfortable and it shows us how excited she is to see us. I love my mom for always making sure that I was strong, and I love that she is always on my side. Thank you mom, I love you.

1 comment:

KP's stitch said...

This made me miss my mom :(
I miss you too. Im on skype or try really hard to be every afternoon/night for me. which would mean that it would be anywhere from 7-11 am your time that i could be on. I try to get on every day but sometimes its hard.
I'm going to be writing you soon. I feel the most distant from you, cause no phone, and you dont have a facebook. only blogger, and e-mails.