Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Just Another Manic Wednesday

Today was a bit crazy, to say the least. But it was a great day!

I woke up late and spilt three different things on my pants all before walking out the door. Then I spilt on myself in the car on my way to school. When I got to school I heard of the "outrage" of canceling PE and Show-and-Tell for a "stupid assembly." I was asked if my real age was 42 (that kid is obviously failing my class now...just kidding). K put his paper in the middle of the stack of papers....K's paper was still dripping with glue. Awesome. Recess was FREEZING. Then we had a fire drill and the new rule is that teacher's are allowed to grab jackets but kids aren't.....it's just wrong.

Sounds awesome, right? Well, let me share the better parts.

My kids weren't upset about the "stupid assembly" when they found out that a company came to give them each a free chapter book of their choice. They even let me pick out two books! D reminded C and K that there was no way I could be 42 but that 31 "seems more accurate." The boys asked me if I was going to eat lunch today and when I said that I was they asked me to sit next to them in the lunchroom -so I did. My science lesson was so much fun and I had a great time learning about what each of my students wants to do when they grow up. It was S's birthday so she brought treats and we were able to spend the end of the day playing games (since they skipped PE).

I left Rigby at like 3:30 and came back to campus. I went straight to the sewing lab to cut some fabric, then I went to work and tutored a girl who would like to set up weekly meetings. Now I am waiting for RJ to get home from Pre-dental Society....as if you care about the specifics.

The point is, is that I am exhausted but it was a great and productive day.

By the way, KP, I hope you are enjoying yourself in Spain!

No comments: