Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

Thank you Idaho for giving me my first snow day! Even though it should be called a too-freaking-cold-to-go-outside day, I'll call it a snow day for short.

Just so everyone is aware, my car was so frozen this morning it almost didn't turn on. I had ice on the outside AND inside of my windshield, and our windows (on our house) were frozen shut with ice clearly visible.

My elementary school was closed today because it was too cold for the kids to be outside or for the buses to run, but I don't mind! It would have been better if RJ could have stayed home though.

Okay. Are you ready? I will list the temperature:

At 7:0o this morning when it was officially a snow day it was -21 degrees but felt like -34. Yes. That is a negative sign.

At 10:30 it was -17.

At noon it was -1.

And now, at 3 pm, it is 4 degrees.

The skies are deceiving though, because it is clear and beautiful! I wish I had snow days EVERY day!

2 comments:

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

I like winter and cold weather, but that is rather too cold for me!

KP's stitch said...

I've been in the snow once this winter hahaha