I love my grandma, but I have always disagreed with her on one thing. She hates butter...and I think it is a building block of life. Seriously, though. I put extra butter on popcorn, butter on toast, butter on pancakes, I love butter. Paula Dean and I could be best friends.
Unfortunately, the past few days butter hasn't been as big of a fan of me. Actually, butter is starting a revolt on my body.
Butter has actually been making me sick. Very sick. I made cookies Friday night and after eating the first delicious sugar cookie, I spent the rest of the night...and the weekend for that matter...wishing that I had never even thought of cookies. I felt better yesterday, and then last night I made popcorn (of course with extra butter), and spent the rest of the night wishing I was dead. I didn't sleep at all, I broke out in hives all over my body, and had the worst stomach pains ever. Then tonight, I had one of my favorite pregnancy treats: pancakes. I think I should put up a sign that says "Evershed House of Pancakes" considering how much I have made them since I've been pregnant. And, shortly after dinner, the sickness returned.
And that is when I made the connection. I realized what I had on my pancakes that RJ didn't....butter. Since he's one of those weird Mountain West people, he puts peanut butter on pancakes (I will never understand that).
I promptly threw away the butter in the trashcan and I learned a valuable lesson. NEVER BORROW BUTTER FROM A NEIGHBOR! I'm convinced that the butter was past it's expiration date or something. I don't know. All I know is that I'm sick again, and I better be able to sleep tonight because I'm subbing in the morning for cute little 1st and 3rd graders and I don't want to be cranky.
2 comments:
I can't imagine a horror worse than being allergic to butter. This is even worse than the glitter thing. I sincerely hope that it was bad butter and not something you will have to live with for the rest of your life. Furthermore, I would be very suspicious of neighbors who keep butter around long enough for it to expire.
I use only real butter, not margarine or some "spread." The real thing, baby! And peanut butter on pancakes???? The good news is, if butter is the problem it is probably only a temporary thing. My daughter Mary K cannot eat red meat when she is pregnant, cannot even be in the room where it is being cooked and sometimes eaten. But when she is not pregnant, different story!
Post a Comment