Well, we made it to California. Finally.
Packing up on Friday was a nitemare. Seriously, it was awful. We were supposed to leave at 2 on Friday afternoon, but lets just say it didn't happen that way. In fact, we didn't even get close to leaving till 10:30 pm. That's also when we decided to get dinner, which is also the time when I started crying in line at Subway. Awesome. We decided to stay the night in Rexburg because we still had to pack the car, and I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. However, when we made the decision to stay, I looked at RJ and reminded him that all of our sheets, pillows, towels, and everything else was packed and locked up in the storage unit. Luckily, the Plumbs came to the rescue and let us borrow some blankets. It wasn't a perfect night's sleep, but it was better than sleeping without blankets.
We spent Saturday in Salt Lake with family, which was nice, but my body was so sore I was just aching with pain. My hands were red and swollen, my skin was cracked and so painful from cleaning so much. My feet hurt, my back hurt, I was stressed. Ugh. I decided to skip out on a lot of family bonding time and went to bed early, which helped A LOT. I also put this lotion on my hands that worked miracles.
Sunday we drove down to California and we were making excellent time. We left at 7:30 and made it to Vegas by 2. I got really excited thinking that we were going to be home ahead of schedule, because it only takes about 3 hours to get from Vegas to home...but I was wrong. So, so wrong. When we got to Baker traffic literally stopped, and it took us about 2 hours to get less than 100 miles. I was getting so uncomfortable in the car, and stressed about the traffic. It took forever to get home, but as soon as we got through the pass we flew home and made it 30 minutes past our original ETA, so I guess I can't complain too much. Let me tell you, though, traveling pregnant is NOT ideal. I was so uncomfortable the whole time...but I guess I better get used to that.
I can't complain, though. This morning one of my dear friends lost her mother due to breast cancer. She was just a few months away from being "cancer free." I can't imagine the awful pain of losing a mother, especially so close to the holidays. How lucky I am to be with my family this Christmas. How lucky I am to have my mom.
This is such a busy time in everyone's lives, I hope we all just take a second to be grateful for what we have.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you made it safe and sound. I've been thinking about you lately, and I can't tell you how many times I almost texted you to find out if you were there yet. Have a great Christmas and relax a lot.
Post a Comment