Thursday, December 1, 2011

Moving Day

I had the day off today, and I must admit...it was pretty marvelous. I slept in, ate two gigantic bowls of Captain Crunch Cereal, then started packing. We also found a storage unit that would prorate the price of the unit for the month of January, which is awesome since we will only need the unit for 3 days of the month. So we have some stuff packed in there, however, we realized that we need a truck to move our couches. Crap. I wish I would have thought about that before so we could have done more today. I didn't want to move too much into our storage unit, because I didn't want to have to rearrange everything when we get the couches in there. So...anyone with a truck want to help us out?

I also put something on Craigslist that I'm really hoping we can sell. Keep your fingers crossed.

I wish I would have been able to do more today, but those darn couches are really getting in our way. All in all I was still very productive, since I half emptied one bedroo't surm, got some laundry done, and cleaned a bit. I just have so many more boxes ready to go! I do really enjoy this stage of moving. It's nice to go through everything, clean up, and get rid of things that we don't want/need anymore.

Two other things happened today. First, someone asked me if I was pregnant. I felt slightly offended because I wasn't sure if that meant I looked oddly overweight, or if this particular woman just needed to visit an optometrist. RJ said I should feel good about it, since that means I just look so good. He's so kind to me. Second, we got a note from the electric company saying that our power will be shut off from 8AM to 4PM on Sunday. Awesome. I'm so glad that, along with all the obvious electric-powered things, we also have an electric stove, an electric water heater, and an electric heater. Sunday is going to be...interesting.

And on one final note, I have been feeling A LOT more movement from Baby Evershed. It's so much fun!

1 comment:

Joey and Whitney Plumb said...

wow you live in such an awesome place that thinks you don't need power! haha. But um come play with us on sunday??