"But you have a really big baby in a really little body."
I had to go to the doctor's today because my back has been hurting so bad. I finally caved. My back has been going numb for about a month now, and sometimes hurts really bad. The past two days, though, the pain was so bad that I couldn't stand, sit, walk, or really even lay down. It was awful. I tried taking a bath, using a heating pad, taking Tylenol...nothing was helping. So I went in today.
I told the doctor about my back going numb, about the pain, and how my legs will sporadically give out on me or fall asleep. The doctor laughed and said, "It's kind of inevitable that this would happen." I asked what, exactly, was happening and the doctor said that the baby has found a new home on my sciatic nerve. Great.
I asked if anything could be done to make it better and she said, "I hate to break this to you, but you have a really big baby in a really little body. There's not much we can do that you haven't already tried." Awesome.
They offered to send me to a chiropractor, but I'm too scared so I don't know if I'll go. Seeing as how that's my only option, it looks like I have a long 6 weeks that I have to endure.
No comments:
Post a Comment