DAY 19:
I'm thankful for the choices I've made. Deciding to come up to Idaho for school was a slap in the face to my high school friends, or so a lot of them told me. I felt bad at the time, but I knew that I was making the best decision. I lost contact with a lot of people very, very quickly. I still talk to my best friends almost daily, but a lot of people I have no idea what is going on in their lives.
Now I'm in Idaho. Married, expecting a baby, graduated. I miss the beach, and I grumble about the crappy weather, but all in all I have a fantastic life and I have amazing friends up here.
I have thought about my friends from high school and the choices they've made. A lot of people are still at the community college, four years later. They still live at home; and they get drunk every night. Some of them came home from college after only a semester, too.
And, when I log onto Facebook in the morning and see statuses like, "Who brings a gun to the bar?! We'll miss you bros..." I couldn't be happier that I separated myself from them and that whole life style. It's sad to know that two friends from high school were caught in the crossfire and are at the hospital, and it's really sad to know that someone was shot and killed at a bar over some drunken fight. I'm so glad that so many people were not injured. But I am even more glad that I wasn't there to see any of it.
1 comment:
I'm very happy for you!!! :)
Post a Comment