Tuesday, January 10, 2012

28 Weeks!



Holy cow! 7 months already?! Where has the time gone...

I'm exactly 28 weeks today, which means there are only 11 more weeks till Baby is due. Wow.

Our nursery is coming along well, with the exception that we have a rocking chair in the middle of the room that is about 30 minutes away from being completely sanded (I can't WAIT to re-varnish it). I've also made some (small) progress with the bedding. Victory!

I must admit, though, that as excited I am for Baby to be here...I will really miss being pregnant. It's been a challenge getting around lately, but I still love every single second of this. I love feeling Baby roll around, and I love feeling it stretch and see little bumps sticking out of my stomach and knowing that a sweet little hand or foot is pushing against me. It's a beautiful thing.

In some ways I feel like I'm back to the beginning of my pregnancy. I'm excited all over again, and I'm starving all the time. Literally...I'm always hungry. I've kept up a pretty, um, healthy appetite throughout my pregnancy, but I definitely ate more at the beginning of my pregnancy than in the middle. And I'm back to that stage. I have to resist eating late at night because I know it's not good for me, but sometimes I just can't help it! I also go through short phases where I either know exactly what I want, and then phases where everything sounds so delicious and I just can't make up my mind.

Today I was at the grocery store in a mood where I just couldn't make up my mind. I must have been staring at all the jellies for about 5 minutes before I finally decided on something. When I was standing there lookin' a fool, a woman came up to me with her two little boys and told me that I looked adorable. I thanked her, and she asked me how far along I was. When I said 28 weeks her jaw dropped and she said, "YOU LOOK FABULOUS!" She's my new best friend.

In other news, I bought a jogging stroller. Yeah! There was a girl selling two extra strollers on the student bulletin board, and one of them happened to be a jogging stroller. I negotiated a price with her, then went over to her house to pick it up. I asked her why she was selling a brand new stroller for such a low price and she said it's because she was given 4 different strollers and obviously didn't need them all. I gladly took a brand new jogging stroller (retail about $150) for $40. It's a little dirty since it's just been sitting, but it's nothing that a quick wipe-down can't solve. I can't wait till Baby is big enough to fit in it so I can go running. I'm so excited!

RJ started school last week, so I've had to adjust to being home by myself a lot lately. It's weird being in a new place by myself, but I like it. He is enjoying all of his classes, except for the fact that one of them is 2.5 hours twice a week without a break, and has already done very well on the first test of the semester. He's taking three classes this semester; genetics, biochemistry, and a molecular biology class. Yikes. Good thing he's brilliant, because [I think] that's a super intimidating schedule.

I'm also counting down the seconds till my parents get up here! Keep your fingers crossed that Baby holds out till at least the 29th, so they can make it up here in time!

2 comments:

beccaleeas said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! You really do look amazing. Cutest pregnant girl EVER.

RJ said...

You are one sexy MAMA!