I must admit, it's been pretty wonderful to be able to stay home during this last trimester. I love it. Love, love, love.
I've been working on crib bedding, rearranging cabinets/drawers/stuff, taking naps, and reading. It's glorious I tell you.
We've been sanding down two pieces of furniture in the baby's room, but they're finally finished and ready to be stained, so I am going to dust and vacuum in there and start setting up the room! We're going to stain in a different room, so it won't really matter that things are set up in there. I really can't wait to put the crib back up, and I can't wait to see the most adorable fitted sheets ever (that I made myself) on the most beautiful crib ever.
I'm almost 30 weeks, which means really I could go into labor at any time. I hope and pray that I won't go into labor before 35 weeks, though, because I don't want Baby to have to go to the NICU just for being early. I really would rather wait altogether and have Baby on my due date, but just in case I want to be ready with everything. My goal is to be finished with all baby-related things in the next 4 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed. All I have to do though, really, is finish up my bedding by quilting a few more areas of the blanket, sew on the binding, and put together the crib skirt. Oh yeah, and I have to decide on a fabric to re-cover the rocking chair. And I have to get the baskets for underneath the changing table and put clothes in them. I also have to get burp rags (of which I have none), and more blankets, and socks, and some more clothes, and bottles, and wipes....okay, so maybe I still have a lot more to do. BUT! I want to be done in 4 weeks, and considering I'm home all day...I really have no excuses. That's the only bummer about being home all day; I have no excuses when I'm lazy.
My Braxton-Hicks contractions are getting more and more uncomfortable by the day. At first they were hard to notice and I couldn't really feel them, but that has definitely changed. It's harder to go walking with Lola because half way through the walk my stomach gets hard as a rock and it's so uncomfortable. Today I almost called RJ to come and get me, but I pushed through it because I knew they'd eventually stop. They did, and I was grateful. RJ said it's getting harder to sleep next to me, because I'm so uncomfortable that I move so much. But every time I move I pull all the sheets with me, and I wake him up. I feel bad for him. I've also started to get really bad leg cramps, which stinks. RJ's so nice to me, though, and he rubs my legs and feet for me when they hurt. He's pretty much the bomb.
On one final note, I found the most glorious thing at Wal-Mart. Peanut butter fudge-dipped cookies. Yes, you read that right. It's a chocolate cookie with peanut butter on top, dipped in fudge. I keep hiding the box from RJ so I can be the only one to eat it, and unfortunately he keeps finding that dang box. I really need to find a better hiding spot! Go to Wal-Mart and pick up a box...they won't last long in your house. I promise.
2 comments:
You have so much to do--ahhhh!!
And I can't believe you're almost ready to have a baby.
CR-A-ZY!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty much on my way to Wal-Mart.
Right now.
Well, when it's not Sunday anymore.
Don't go buying too many things you still have an awesome baby shower coming up! Put on by only the greatest person ever ;)
Post a Comment