I'm in a grouchy kind of a mood.
My back hurts, I'm beyond exhausted, I'm sick, I'm ready for us to be completely moved in and satisfied with where we put everything, I want to punch our old landlord in the face, and a few other things I just won't mention.
I hate being grouchy.
To focus on the positive, I was able to substitute in the best 6th grade class of all time, and I had a blast. It got a little [okay a lot] chaotic at the end of the day when we had about a thousand things left to do and not enough time, but we managed. We were rolling all day and never had any down time, but, since it is the end of the quarter I was nervous to not finish things so we crammed...and we made it. Phew! One student even stayed after class to help me clean the board so I didn't have to "inhale the fumes." So sweet.
I also got our crib mattress and changing pad today. Yippee! I stopped by Bed, Bath & Beyond and got a bathroom rug that I am mildly fond of, and I figured out how to convert a project in need of 10 yards of fabric to only requiring 2 1/4 yards of fabric. [Don't worry, I had three people double check my math so I wouldn't have to trust my pregnant brain!]
The most special gift of all, though, is that Baby has been kicking more than ever. I love it. All day I was feeling little jabs, kicks, and slams against my rib cage. Since Baby is growing and weighs so much now, when he/she moves I can see a huge wave go across my whole belly. It's so much fun! Only a few weeks ago I was feeling small kicks every once in a while, and it has quickly progressed into feeling what seems like every single movement from this squirmy little babe. What a miracle pregnancy is. RJ asked me if I will be sad when I'm not pregnant anymore, and honestly, I will be. I'd take the back pains, body aches, and sleepless nights for a thousand years if it means I could bring in another special little child. I feel so honored to be a woman, and to be able to have children. Oh man...it's just so fantastic.
So there you have it. I want to complain, but I'm focusing on the positive. However...I still hate my old landlord. There. I said it.
3 comments:
I'm with you. I LOVED pregnancy and I miss feeling the kicks most. It was the best feeling. Watching your stomach roll and move is pretty cool too. Thanks again for subbing for me. I enjoy my day so much more when I know the kids are in good hands. :)
About your landlord, an old Irish proverb: "Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord-and it makes you miss him."
Maybe if I would just finish sanding and staining then we could move in faster! Why don't you get my butt in gear and stop me from watching FoxNews and CNN! :)
Post a Comment