Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well, I Did It

I applied for my first "big girl job." I applied for a job teaching English online via Skype to people wanting to learn conversational English in South Korea. I'm proud of myself.

I have to be honest, I'd much rather work in a classroom and have a set of students to get to know and love, work with a staff of teachers that I respect, and have a classroom to call my own. But I'm not sure that's entirely possible, and I need a job, so I'm creating options for myself.

My friend has a connection to online tutoring that I might look into, and I heard that the school district I currently sub in also has an online teaching program, but I'm not sure my certifications will work for it. We'll see.

You might notice a theme here -online. Our plans are a bit crazy right now (when are they not), and I'm not sure when we'll be here or some place close to Timbuktu, and I don't know if RJ will be with me and Baby or in Boise/Davis/Utah/who-knows-where on an internship, so I figured that an online gig would be my best bet. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm called in for an interview with this online company, or at least that I find something soon, because like I said....I need a job.

---------------------------

On a totally different note, I am 31 weeks pregnant today! And how did I spend my day you might ask? I spent the day getting ready for Baby. We had some, ahem, issues with some of our gifts matching and I wanted to fix that. You might be thinking, "Why does it really matter if it matches or not?" To answer your question, I'd tell you to read my last post. It just matters. It really does.

Anyway, we had some things that matched, some that didn't. Some things we wanted, and some things we didn't. It was a mess. So I went to Wal-Mart and Target and was able to exchange things and get money back. However, I am mad at Target for screwing me over. Unfortunately the item that I returned was on sale, and since I didn't have a receipt they returned it for the sale price. So dumb. I had my registry showing me that it was actually $10 MORE than what they were giving me, but they wouldn't budge. So stupid. If Target was closer I would have just waited till the sale was over, but unfortunately the sale goes till Saturday and I'm planning on Friday being my last day to go down to Idaho Falls until after the baby is born. I'm bitter.

To make up for it (I guess), I got a diaper genie for 80% off. It should make me happy, but it doesn't. I'm still bitter.

2 comments:

Joey and Whitney Plumb said...

HAHA Natalie you make me laugh. It was an awesome day with much success! Also I read your last post and loved it. Why? Because we are much too much alike (although you're a little crazier) and I love it. At least someone understands that the little things do matter!

Scott and Emily said...

You are my idol! I need to apply to a big girl job. *sigh*

And DARN Target!! Seriously?!?!? Goooooooooooooll...