Did you know...
That I hate my ears being touched? It's true. Ears are a legitimate phobia of mine. I can't stand people touching my ears, or touching other people's ears. I think it stems from years and years of ear infections and my ears always being sensitive...or I'm just weird.
I'm OCD. I like to call it just being particular, but the rest of the world disagrees with me. My closet (including RJ's side) is colored-coded, I have things separated from normal T-Shirts, lounging T-Shirts, etc. Everything has a place and that's how I like it. I don't even keep my shoes all in one space; my shoes are organized in sections: flats, sandals, tennis shoes, and dressy shoes. It's glorious! I also have little twitches like volume levels, the position of certain things, the order in which I get ready in the morning/night. I'm glad that I found RJ, because none of it bugs him. He generally doesn't even notice.
I only eat mint & chip ice cream. This I blame on my mom, because that's basically all she ate when she was pregnant with me. Occasionally I will have vanilla, but that's only if I'm putting sprinkles or m&ms in it or something -other than that there's only one type of ice cream in my heart!
I almost always make people's birthday/Christmas/whatever presents, and then I generally get too embarrassed to give it to them. Sometimes I still give them the original gift, and then I feel guilty later.
I can't stay awake during movies. This didn't happen until I started college. RJ always laughs at me because I fall asleep, and then he generally ends up watching the same movie twice...and I usually end up sleeping through it twice. I don't know why, but I just can't stay awake in movies anymore! I can only think of one movie in the past two months that I stayed awake through. That's pretty pathetic. I even get tired when we go to the movie theaters, so I have to fidget the entire time just so I don't fall asleep.
I love, love, love pomegranate lemonade. I get the Crystal Light packets and mix it in with my water once upon a blue moon as a treat to myself. Try it.
I can't sleep in a bed unless it's been made, even for a nap.
I love vacuuming. Our first house had hardwood floors, and I spent 2 and a half years craving a room to vacuum. Vacuuming makes me feel like the floors are actually clean. One day I will own a fancy vacuum, like a Dyson, and I will vacuum every minute of every day.
I love doing laundry, but I hate folding it.
Once upon a time I enjoyed talking about politics, and now I tend to keep my opinions to myself. I generally get frustrated with people, and to save my good mood I just avoid talking to people. It seems to work.
Making sandwiches and baking little treats makes me feel like a woman. I will ALWAYS make someone a sandwich if they ask for it. Always.
I think my grandparents are the sweetest, funniest, most loving people on the entire planet. You could search the entire world and never find two better people.
And finally, I think that manners are severely lacking in today's society. I wish all kids could be forced to go through some type of etiquette school.
1 comment:
You are seriously one of the cutest people I know. I did not know about the ears thing...but I now know to stay away from yours.
And I love my Dyson. We just got a "cheap" Dyson because we couldn't afford a really nice one, but I said NO to every other vacuum choice. Dyson is the only one that's worth it. ;)
Post a Comment