Okay, I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I LOVE SELLING THINGS ON CRAIGSLIST! Seriously. This is an ideal place to live as far as buying/selling on the cheap. Every once in a while we come across something that we don't have room for, or that we no longer want/need and I'm always down to sell it. I have sold a few things on Amazon and I must admit that I'm not a fan, but I love Craigslist and the student bulletin board.
Also, I have to give the update on Baby's swag. We added to the little wardrobe, which is my new favorite thing; and I also got a boppy pillow; the world's biggest box of diapers; little towels, washclothes, etc.; jumper; some blankets; books; diaper bag; a Baby Bullet; AND we got the high chair that matches our set! YES! The high chair was sent to my parent's house, and we were planning on waiting to get it since I will see my mom soon....but I couldn't wait! My mom took it to the Target store and they are sending it to me in Rexburg. I'm so impatient but I am just so excited to have it in our house and to see everything match. YES! It's great!
All we really need for the baby now, besides the obvious of clothes, bigger sized diapers, etc., is a crib mattress, a changing pad, and a cover for the changing pad. I feel like we're so much closer to being ready, but at the same time so far away. It's both comforting and terrifying. I don't know that I'll ever feel ready...but I hope I do.
I took my glucose test to see if I had gestational diabetes yesterday. I had to wake up at 7:30 to eat breakfast, and then I had to drink the most disgusting thing ever at 8:30, and then had my blood drawn at 9:30. It was awful. The drink was supposed to taste like orange soda, which is did, but it was so sugary that it burned my throat on the way down and made me gag. I had to drink it in 5 minutes, which was very difficult because I was so sick of it. Gross. I will admit that I was really nervous about getting gestational diabetes, even though RJ assured me that I had nothing to worry about since I wasn't showing any of the symptoms. I was so nervous that I cut out sugar from my diet for a while! The doctor came in with my results a few minutes after the blood was drawn and he told me that my blood sugar level had to be below 130 and mine was at 82. SCORE! I probably shouldn't have yelled out, "GIVE ME A BROWNIE!"...but I have been craving one. Luckily everyone laughed haha. My doctor did say that my iron levels have dropped, so I have to start taking an iron supplement with a glass of orange juice a day. I hate orange juice.
1 comment:
Hi Natalie,
So glad you got all moved in. That really sucks about the cleaning though. I know what you mean, I like things clean too! Your dad & I would love to be able to send you the mattress for the crib. Let me know which one you want and I'll have it delivered to you. I know Target has them, I can order through them, or if you have something else in mind, let me know. I got a notice from Target that the baby cloths I ordered finally got delivered to your mom's on Friday. I hope you like them! Well sweetie pie, take care and please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need anything.
Love you so much!
Margaret
Post a Comment